Everybody has a story…what’s yours? What motivates you to donate? Share your story.

I had always been afraid of needles but felt I needed to face this as a teacher during a school blood drive. I did it and decided to become a regular donor. 40 years later, I'm working on my 20th gallon. It's good to know where the blood is sent. I remember my terminally ill mom being perked up with a pint of blood. Plus it's fun eating the snacks afterwards I don't have at home!
Why Donate?
I am a Red Cross blood donor that won't give up.  I tried to give blood when I was 18, but was declined in both my junior and senior high school years. Once I got to college, I was deferred again. I was finally able to give blood and have given twice. I love donating blood. The thought of being able to help save three people’s lives every time I go makes me feel like a better person.
Benefits of Donating
  • It feels great to donate!
  • You get free juice and delicious cookies.
  • It's something you can spare  most people have blood to spare... yet, there is still not enough to go around.
  • You will help ensure blood is on the shelf when needed  most people don't think they'll ever need blood, but many do.
  • You will be someone's hero  in fact, you could help save more than one life with just one donation.
Donation of 'whole blood' is the most common type of blood donation, but there are a few other types of blood donation. Donation types include:
    The best type of donation for each individual depends on their blood type, physical characteristics, personal preferences and the availability of convenient donation opportunities. Giving the "right type" of donation helps ensure the best use of your valuable contribution.
    Blood (or Whole Blood) Donation
    • This is the most common type of donation, during which approximately a pint of 'whole blood' is given.
    • The blood is separated into transfusable components – red cells, plasma, platelets and/or cryoprecipitated AHF.

    0 nhận xét Blogger 0 Facebook

    Post a Comment

    Thank for you

    Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)

     
    Tech - Scien - Health - Computer - Economy - Trade - Cars - Auto - Story ©Email: tailieuchogiaovien@gmail.com. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Inluon.net
    Link:Bantintuvan|tailieusupham|khoahocsupham|Soidiemchontruong|inluon|Tài liệu|Hoctrenmobile|SKKN|Tử vi|Science
    Top