- Paperback: 340 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill; 3 edition (September 10, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071494553
How to buy, what to hold, and when to sell- the guide to getting started in stocks and managing your portfolio!
Want to become a more accomplished investor? All About Stocks is packed with the practical, hands-on guidance you need to choose your investments wisely, minimize your risk, and enter today’s market with confidence-no matter your level of experience.
Providing concise, clear answers to your most pressing stock-market questions, this thoroughly revised edition has been updated to address such timely issues as the role of exchange-traded funds, global investing, risk-adjusted returns, and the most effective ways to conduct online research and trading.
All About Stocks explains in easy-to-understand language:
- What stocks are, and why you should own them
- How to use the Internet to develop buying and selling strategies
- How fundamental and technical analysis can help you find undervalued stocks
- What mutual funds are, how they work, and which are right for you
- How stocks fit within the asset allocation framework
- Simple strategies for assembling a high-growth, low-risk, diversified portfolio
- Trades to increase your safety during turbulent markets