- Hardcover: 256 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1st edition (April 18, 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471394475
Quantitative Methods in Derivatives Pricing
Quantitative Methods in Derivatives Pricing, researched and written by Domingo Tavella, one of the pioneers in the emergence of computational finance as a discipline in its own right, develops the main techniques and strategies of computational finance in a unified framework. From the plethora of methods that characterize a new discipline in a state of fluid evolution, this book concentrates on those that have proven to be sufficiently solid and robust to become a permanent part of the arsenal of strategies for pricing complex financial instruments. Either as a textbook or a reference source, this bookâ€™s emphasis is on practicality and applications.
As a textbook, this work fills a palpable need for adequate material in the ever-increasing number of programs with an emphasis on sophisticated financial engineering. As a reference source, it provides a valuable overview of the most relevant methods and approaches of computational finance for those with adequate quantitative background entering the field of financial pricing. Topics discussed include:
- A brief introduction to single-period pricing
- A self-contained, practical introduction to stochastic calculus, with an emphasis on practical applications
- Introduction to continuous-time pricing
- Generation of scenarios for simulation, discussing methods and accuracy in detail
- Simulation applied to computing expectations for European pricing
- Simulation applied to early exercise pricing, presenting a detailed description of the least squares Monte Carlo method
- The use of finite differences in option pricing
Filled with numerous case studies and expert advice, Quantitative Methods in Derivatives Pricing offers the most complete look at proven computational techniques for derivatives pricing to date. Youâ€™ll quickly learn about the pricing of derivatives in continuous time, how asset-pricing theory is used to set up the pricing problem, and how to implement simulation methods for pricing both European and early exercise derivatives.
This invaluable resource prepares you for the rigors of the modern financial world and puts you on the road to successful derivatives pricing.
0 nhận xét Blogger 0 Facebook
Post a Comment
Thank for you